So as my friends know, I’m irritated with chocolate. I do not however let my quirks get in the way of friends celebrating birthdays. W from aikido requested chocolate. Again. So as a compromise I made Cheesecake Oreo Cookies from Bakestravaganza. The best part of these cookies? No eggs. We all know what that means right??
Cheesecake Oreo Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
6 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
2 cups Oreo crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream butter and cream cheese, then add vanilla and sugar mixing well
- Slowly add flour and gently stir to combine
- Add chocolate chips and stir gently to mix
- Using a cookie scoop for even sizes, roll cookie dough into ball and then roll in Oreo crumbles to coat
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet 2″ apart and bake for 14-16 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown (think underdone corn dog)
- Let cool before letting friends and family dive in
-For oreo crumbles, I scraped all the filling out of a whole “row” of oreos and then ground them finely on the cutting board with a rolling pin. Tedius? Yes. Messy? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely necessary if you want cookies evenly coated in Oreo cookie.
-If you get fiesty, melt a little almond bark or white chocolate and drizzle over the top once the cookies have cooled. If making for the holidays, use festive sprinkles before the topping cools.
Fun Fact: Fake and knockoff Oreos don’t taste the same because Nabisco has proprietary cocoa powder that they control all the way back to the plantation they own in South America where they grow their cocoa plants.